Using a Pokémon Sun Rom will require a couple of steps that you will have to follow one after the other. Know that installing and using a rom can be tricky your first time. While there is a learning curve, you will eventually be able to get it if you have the right hardware, software, and time to experiment. Steps include acquiring the necessary hardware, finding a download Pokémon Sun rom for 3DS, installing it on your SD card, transferring it to your 3DS, and running.
- The Right Hardware: It has never been easier to get the right hardware for your rom. First, you will need a 3DS capable of playing Pokémon Sun. Second, you will need to get a blank SD card that is large enough to have the Pokémon Sun rom in it. Third, you will need an SD card reader. Many laptops come with these already. You can also get a USB to SD card reader if you do not have a native port available. Forth, you will need a computer with access to the internet and that can read and install the Pokémon Sun rom onto the SD card.
- Downloading Pokémon Sun Rom: This may be the most challenging part of the entire process. You will have to find a place where you can download Pokémon Sun ROM for 3DS. It will have to be a safe and secure place as there are many dud websites out there hoping that you will install their malware masquerading as Pokémon Sun. The best thing you can do is to review forums and message boards to see what people are using. The recommendations of others should always trump the promises of a website.
- Installation: Installation is a rather simple process. With the SD Card inserted, you download the Pokémon Sun rom from online and install it onto the SD Card. You should get instructions from the providers of the rom how to do this as well as whether or not there are things you will have to watch out for. If installation does not go according to plan, then there may be problems with either your SD Card or the file you are attempting to download and install.
- Transfer/Configuration: Once you have everything on the SD Card, your next step is to disconnect the SD Card from your computer and transfer it over to your Nintendo 3DS. Once you put it in, turn on your Nintendo 3DS. It may take some time to configure the 3DS to see the game depending on the rom you load and whether or not it will be instantly recognizable.
- Running: With the previous 4 steps complete, all that is left for you to do is to start running it! With any luck it should boot up and there you have it, your very own Pokémon Sun rom! If it does not boot up, then consider the rom you downloaded first. Also review your current hacked 3DS software to see whether or not it can support the game.